There is a wider range of budget laptops these days and the companies are never going to stop manufacturing them. However, the older models have disappeared from the market as the buyers are no longer interested in having them because of their outdated hardware and design. Whereas, here we are up for the best laptops under 400 dollars which are all the latest models.
But what matters is a proper selection of a laptop and that is what most of the people are worried about. The solution to this is to keep in every aspect for choosing the laptop under $400. This means, from design to a hardware component, everything should be analyzed properly before leaving too much money on a table for a purchase. And…
That is what we have made easy for you in our detailed budget laptop selection guide below. However, before that, you need to have a look at these budget laptops whose reviews you’re going to encounter later after a few things get cleared. These are the top-notch laptop carrying a $400 price and are compiled pretty carefully from hundreds of laptops to meet your requirements.
Best Laptops under 400 in 2021
Choosing a Laptop in a Mentioned Budget
The few important aspects that are going to be really helpful in choosing your best laptop under $400 are explained as follows:
The outer look of a laptop can make it either reflect good or ugly depending on how the laptop is designed. Slimness is the key factor alongside others that makes sure that a laptop is a great reflection of a nice design which I like the most in a laptop. Whereas, the lid, base, and screen bezels leave a great impact on the design. Let’s say you bought a laptop having the thickest bezels surrounding the screen, you’re probably going to dislike that laptop.
That was just one example, there are more things that you’ll find when looking for a nice purchase and your taste is going to tell you which one to choose.
Expecting too much here from these cheap laptops under $400 could be somehow thinking beyond the expectations. It doesn’t actually mean that these laptops don’t come along with a nice display but rather they aren’t coming slow with their acceptable HD quality.
Personally, I think a 1920×1080 pixels display far better for a laptop under the budget of $400 and yes some of these best laptops for under $300 are supportive of that. Lower options are also here but my recommendation would be the one I mentioned.
Now that’s the main part that made me disappointed on the best laptops under $300. However, on $400 laptops, the game is in our hands. Some of these budget-friendly laptops have an SSD which doesn’t even ensure smooth performance but they also provide more space.
Whereas, some of them are still stuck at HDD which isn’t bad at all too. If the HDD isn’t of high speed, at least they offer more space. I would personally have a laptop that has hybrid storage which is a win-win situation for speed and storage both at the same time.
You will agree with me if I say that one thing if not the other is always compromised on the budget laptops. In the best cheap laptops under 400 cases, the battery life is compromised. The laptops still deliver a decent battery life but they’re not as good as some of the laptops with the less powerful hardware. Because, of course, a decent build with powerful hardware consumes more battery power.
Here you got a pretty decent combination of hardware components on these $400 laptop that approximately achieves everything according to your desires. From a 2GHz+ processor to a decent memory and storage component like SSD, these laptops can perform smoothly for almost anything.
But my recommendation would be to use the medium level computer programs on these laptops as the heavier ones might cause it to hang sometimes and they are made for the high-end laptops, not for the medium level laptops like these best laptops under 400.
Best Laptops under 400 in 2021
1. Acer Aspire 5
Starting with the most powerful laptop available out there on the market, the Acer Aspire 5 offering many things within the budget of $400. The best part is the design and that is the most famous part of the Aspire 5 since the date when it was released a year ago.
So that we have mentioned the design, let’s talk about it. The Acer Aspire 5 is one of the slimmest budget laptops having acceptable thin screen bezels with a nicely organized base.
Whereas, on the hardware side, this $400 laptop is speaking for itself, offering the AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor whose ultimate goal is to give you the fastest processing speed of 3.5GHz.
On the other hand, you got the fastest storage component on the Acer Aspire 5 which is a 128GB SSD. However, here you need to compromise a little bit on the capacity. Whereas, the Vega 3 Graphics is a good addition to the Aspire 5 for games lovers.
Moreover, the Acer Aspire 5 is a little weak on the memory side with the 4GB RAM which is to some extent a better selection for this budget but the heavy programs like an android studio and a few others, it’s possible that you face the system lag.
- A fastest processor.
- Includes graphics card.
- Battery life of 7.5 hours.
- Great display.
- Nice design.
- Smooth keyboard and touchpad.
- Low memory.
2. Dell Inspiron 3000
Dell Inspiron 3000 is one of the famous laptops out there these days having the best possible hardware components available to us on this best budget laptop under $400. On the other hand, it’s exactly designed what you would already look for on a laptop.
The exterior of the Inspiron 3000 is pretty much decent for people who want to own a $400 dell laptop. On the other hand, the screen bezels are on a thicker side which actually matches the design. Whereas, the Keyboard and the touchpad are also more convenient than the cheaper laptops.
As for the hardware, the Dell Inspiron 3000 offers some decent components that are going to make things easy for you. From an Intel Celeron 4205U processor which has the capability of 1.8GHz to a 4GB memory, the laptop is for students, photo editing who want to achieve their assignment tasks butter smooth, and business people who are not that much into the heavy stuff.
On the other hand, the Dell Inspiron 3000 isn’t coming slowly with the 128GB SSD which adds up much to the performance of this laptop. Basically, you’re going to see programs open up in a matter of seconds because of SSD.
With Intel UHD Graphics, the 15.6-inch screen on the laptop with the 1366 x 768 pixels resolutions is going to deliver smooth image quality and entertainment is what this best laptop under $400 also ensures. Not only that, but you can also play low graphics games on this machine. Yet still, it hold a position of best laptops for students.
- Great display.
- Awesome performance.
- Perfect battery life.
- Decent exterior.
- Backlit keyboard.
- Wide screen.
- Backlit keyboard option might have some issues.
3. Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5
A better option for home and college, the Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 is one of the most attractive units on the list having all the latest hardware components equipped inside for better performance.
The exterior follows a graphite grey color alongside the black color on most of the bezels. Whereas, it weighs 2.97 pounds, categorized on the 13-inch laptops.
Moreover, there comes the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10110U processor that ultimately gives you the higher speed of 2.1GHz. I think that much speed was unexpected from such budget laptops these days.
The memory might be something that would need an upgrade and my recommendations are the same here as the Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 comes along with the 4GB RAM. This much memory isn’t enough for heavy computer programs.
Whereas, along with other hardware components, the storage is also up to date and the component is the SSD which is faster yet offers a 64GB capacity which isn’t enough for storing lots of data.
The best part is here is the battery life and I am happy to let you know you got 10 hours of survival time here which can last longer than other laptops.
- Acceptable display.
- Lag-free performance.
- 10 hours of long battery life.
- Eye-catching design.
- Ultra-portable laptop.
- Low storage.
4. HP 15 DW1081WM
The latest HP 15 is no joke. You can observe that by looking at the design of this best $400 laptop which is a combination of red, white, and black color and that is what makes it attractive from the outside. What actually makes it better from the inside is its hardware.
But before discussing that, let me mention some of the facts about the design of the HP 15 DW1081WM. The back of the lid and some other areas on the front of a laptop are following a nice red color which is what makes it look cool and worth having.
Moreover, the design is slim and sound with a conveniently designed base. Apart from that, it can work continuously for 10 hours without even plugging in the charger.
Whereas, what you actually should know about the HP 15 is the 2.4GHz processor speed with the Intel Pentium Gold 6405U CPU and the 4GB RAM is complementing the laptop by trying its best to handle the tasks in the best possible way.
It’s sporting the 500GB hard drive and this time on a $400 budget laptop, you have more storage capacity but the speed is compromised is a little bit.
- More processing speed.
- Longer battery time.
- Ergonomics look.
- A 15.6-inch wide display.
- Great overall performance.
- All ports available.
- Not for heavier programs.
5. HP 14-DQ1043CL
Now let’s talk about the HP 14 after all that we have discussed on the HP 15. This unit is the exact copy of the previous laptop on the list but the main difference is its size which is 14-inch. However, internally, the HP 14-DQ1043CL is a monster having much better hardware than the HP 15.
There’s no point in discussing the design here as I have already done it on the 4th laptop on the list. Let’s have a look at other things. The battery life of 14 hours is kind of a miracle to find on budget laptops and the HP14 has it all without leaving you worried about picking a charger if you’re leaving somewhere for a day.
Moreover, It offers 1080P resolutions and that is what someone would always need in a laptop. But the best part about this laptop is the other specs which include the Core i3 1005G1 processor which completely crushes all processes with the 3.4GHz speed.
Other than that, you have the 8GB RAM on the HP 14, a monster memory that shows no mercy for the heaviest tasks you throw at it.
Finally, comes the storage and you have got the 256GB SSD which is a full package of fast performance and more storage capacity on the same component.
- Indeed the best perfomance.
- HD resolutions without any lag.
- Longer battery life as obvious.
- Decent design which is worth having.
- Portability on its peak.
- All types of ports powered.
- No cons found.
6. ASUS VivoBook 15
Now comes the masterpiece in this overall list, the ASUS Vivobook 15 laptop that stays on the budget but still offers you would have always desired for in a laptop.
The fact is that this laptop don’t just good on the outside but more people are gonna love it because of its inside as that’s the place where the truth lies.
First of all, you need to know that the ASUS VivoBook 15 operates on one of the finest 10th Gen processors which is the Intel i3-1005G1 and it would never say no to process anything with the 3.4GHz speed.
Whereas the 8GB of outrageous memory is what this laptop is up to and it beats up the tasks like a knife slices the butter.
Proceeding smoothly, the storage here is 128GB SSD which is clear that the speed and capacity both lie here on this best laptop for $400.
Talking of the battery life for this build, it comparatively compromised with an 8 hours battery time but without comparison, it’s a good battery time.
Apart from everything, the display is almost bezel-less and includes some higher features with HD resolutions and a wider size.
- Has everything that you need.
- Runs swiftly and smoothly for everything.
- Attract and apealing design.
- Quality touchpad and keyboard.
- Finger print option.
- All ports available.
- Costs a little higher than $400.
7. Microsoft Surface 3
Here a deal for students and business people, the Microsoft Surface 3 which is the best 2 in 1 laptop under 400 with futuristic specs and features. It’s a touchscreen so you can operate it using a stylus or your fingers in tablet mode.
Instead of the design which is already in front of you, let me jump straight towards the hardware components and other features that it holds. Starting with the display, its 10.8-inch display is still up for 1920 x 1080P resolutions and that is what everyone needs. The best part is that its portability is just fabulous.
Apart from that, the storage is a 64GB SSD which ensures the speed but isn’t in favor of giving you more capacity. Whereas, 4GB RAM can handle small tasks with ease.
Furthermore, here you’ll deal with the Intel Quad-Core Atom processor which ultimately gives you a better 1.6GHz speed, and at the end of the day all you’re worried about is the battery life and on the Microsoft Surface 3, you got the 10 hours battery time.
- Easily portable.
- Decent performance.
- Can run for long period of time.
- FHD display.
- Variety of ports.
- 2 in 1 laptop.
- The screen is too small.
8. ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
The first-ever flipping laptop on the list that has exactly what you have always been looking for in the best touchscreen laptops under 400.
The design is as always know by the look of the picture that it’s decent and at the same time it gives a futuristic look. That’s good to some extent but that’s not our ultimate goal.
Our ultimate goal is that is this laptop has decent hardware? Let’s talk about that then. With the Intel Celeron Dual Core N4000 processor, the CPU speed can reach up to 2.6GHz.
Whereas it’s packed with 4GB RAM and to some extent, it handles things with ease but not in the case of a heavy task or more multiple tasks at the same time.
On the other hand, the Intel UHD Graphics 600 is beating inside the laptop for crisp and clear graphics on the display.
As it’s a budget laptop so the company also adjusted the storage accordingly which is the 64 GB SSD which is no doubt a faster component but the capacity lags here.
- Flipping feature.
- Great resolutions and display.
- Good battery life.
- Great build quality.
- Designed beautifully.
- Runs butter smooth.
- Low internal storage.
9. CHUWI HeroBook Pro
In the end, we’re faced with not too popular but still the best laptop under $400 with the slimmest design and outrageous interior but still categorizes itself in the affordable laptops category.
Inside the CHUWI HeroBook Pro, there is a 256GB SSD for not only storage but for a much faster data transfer rate. Whereas,
Whereas, an Intel Gmini Lake N4000 Notebook CPU having a speed capacity of 2.6GHz. As for the memory, this laptop will never make you regret it as it comes along with the 8GB RAM which faster than many other popular laptops out there on the market.
Apart from that, the battery lasts longer. Roughly estimated, it can work for 9 hours and maybe less depending on the tasks you perform on the laptop.
Let’s say you watch videos all day long, in this case, you might find the laptop to deliver less battery life than 9 hours. On the other hand, there is are all required ports available on this $400 laptop and it’s the best laptop for writers too.
- Cheap yet offers more memory.
- long lasting battery life.
- Slim and clean design.
- Backlit keyboard.
- Performs smoothly.
- All latest ports.
- No cons so far.
Here you have them and the best part is that some of these best $400 laptops are powerful although they fall under the budget category. We have spent much time reviewing these laptops but the real thing is that if you like these reviews from us.
Do let us know which laptop is your favorite and why you would like to have it. Also, if you want to add your thoughts to these 9 reviews or a laptop suggestion that you have, you can contact us on our contact form. We are always more than happy to hear from you guys.
- 360° flip-and-fold design 11 6-inch High Definition WLED IPS Touchscreen Display 1366 x768 The Corning Gorilla glass display HD Webcam
- Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-core Processor 1 6GHz with Intel Burst Technology up to 2 0GHz Chrome OS
- 802 11ac (Dual-Band 2 4 GHz and 5 GHz) Bluetooth 4 0 USB 3 0 HDMI Micro SD Card Reader
- Google Chrome OS 3-cell Li-Ion (3220 mAh) Battery up to 10 hrs 2 76lbs
- 15.6 inch Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 83% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor 1.2 GHz (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 4GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and Windows 10 Home in S Mode
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard along with a fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Comprehensive connections including fingerprint sensor, USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen1), USB 3.2 Type-C (Gen1), USB 2.0, SD card reader, and HDMI
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Laptop for work, school and play: With Office 365 and 1 TB of cloud storage, this device combines functionality, connectivity, style, and value
- Essential productivity: This nimble laptop delivers the essential productivity and entertainment you want for school or home, without slowing you down
- Office 365 for one year: Get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, and 1 TB of OneDrive Storage for one year
- Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 Processor, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- Display: 14-inch diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
- Powerful Intel Quad Core - Powered by 10th Generation Intel Gemini Lake Celeron J4115 4 Cores 4 Threads, burst frequency up to 2.5GHz and built-in...
- Large Memory and Storage Space - Built-in 8GB LPDDR4 Memory for Smooth Operating and 256GB M.2 Solid State Drive Storage which can expandable to 1TB,...
- Windows 10 Pro Operating System ( Support Linux OS) and Large Full HD IPS Display - Ready to use with your familiar windows 10 OS and enjoy gorgeous...
- Multi-ports and Full Size Keyboard - Unlike most laptop in markets don't got numberpad, Our NesBook equipped full-size keyboard with numberpad, and...
- Slim, Lightweight and Keyboard Lift Design - Unique Cool Design with Ergonomic Keyboard Lift, Only 3.4LB, to the thin part, only 8.8mm and the...
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to...
- 【Processor】AMD Athlon Silver 3050U, 2.3GHz Base Clock, Up to 3.2GHz Max Boots Clock, 1 MB Cache, 2 Cores
- 【Display】14" Diagonal HD (1366 x 768), SVA, BrightView, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, 220 nits, 45% NTSC
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
- 【Accessory Included】Oydisen Microfiber, Authorized Sellers ONLY
- Equipped With The Most Powerful and Fast Intel Celeron Processor, Intel Dual-Core Celeron ( 1.1 GHz base clock, up to 2.6 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB...
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD SVA anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display (1366 x 768) I Intel UHD Graphics 605 Integrated
- 4GB RAM | 64GB eMMC Internal Storage
- 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.2); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1...
- Google Chrome OS, HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone, Full-size island-style backlit snow white keyboard, Realtek...
- Processor: Intel Core 6th Generation i5-6300U High Performance Processor (Dual Core, up to 3.00 GHz, 3M Cache, 15W)
- 8 GB DDR4 Ram / 256 GB Opal Encrypted Solid State Drive (SSD).
- 14.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare Screen, Intel HD 520 Graphics, HQ Camera, Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 (802.11ac) W/ Bluetooth, HDMI, VGA, SC...
- Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit). Comes With AC Adapter.
- Do more from anywhere. All-day long. Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch diagonal laptop combines long...
- Processor: Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor 1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB L2 Cache; Integrated Video graphics:...
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB), Memory slot not user accessible; Internal storage: 64 GB eMMC; 1xMulti-format SD media card reader, HP True...
- 14.0-inch diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView non-touch display. Keyboard deck: Snow white with a vertical brushed pattern; Full-size...
- Windows 10 Home in S mode; Dimensions Unpackaged: 12.76 in (W) x 8.86 in (D) x 0.71 in (H) ; Weight: 3.24 lb; 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion battery; Battery...
- PROCESSOR:Intel Celeron N4020 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)
- MEMORY: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) Transfer rates up to 2400 MT/s. 1 x 4 GB; STORAGE: 64 GB eMMC
- DISPLAY: 14" diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView, 220 nits, 45% NTSC
- Ports: 1 X USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C; 2 X USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A; 1 X AC smart pin; 1 X HDMI; 1 X headphone/microphone combo; 1 X multi-format SD media card...
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Home in S Mode. Accessories: Legendary Computer Travel Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port Fitting up to 15.6 Inch...