Making a perfect coffee may sound effortless when you own the best coffee maker at your place, but still, there is a need for the best coffee grinder as well. For instance, in some cases, the coffee machines are good at making coffee but they do lack the ability to grind the coffee beans the way it should be ground.
This is the reason people didn’t get the flavor they always admire at the coffee shops. If you want to bring that taste in your cups, then there is a strong need to get a coffee grinder as well.
Why do I need a separate coffee grinder? If you have a coffee maker with a built-in coffee grinder, then there is no specific reason to buy a coffee grinder other than for the quality of grounded coffee. However, these burr coffee grinders are there to save your life since they are extremely useful and perfect to restore the marvelous flavor of your coffee.
These coffee grinders are responsible to generate the smooth coffee texture, the more evenly coffee beans are grounded the better it would be in the taste. If you are a coffee lover then you must know how important it is for the grounded coffee to stay cool and separated, its beans shouldn’t be compressed but grounded in a way that results in a rich aroma every time.
Best Coffee Grinders 2024
- Baratza Virtuoso – Best conical burr grinder
- Breville Smart – Best burr coffee grinder
- DeLonghi Dedica – Best coffee grinder for pour over
- KitchenAid – Best coffee grinder for espresso
- OXO Brew – Best cheap burr grinder
- DeLonghi Ariete – Best electric burr grinder
- Capresso Infinity Plus – Best commercial coffee grinder
- Braun – Best coffee grinder for cold brew
- Heihox – Best manual coffee grinder
- Evelyne – Best coffee grinder for French press
What Are The Types of Coffee Grinders You Will Find In The Market?
When you hit the market to get the best coffee grinder for home or office, you will be flooded with so many brands and types of coffee makers with grinders for your home that an average person with little or no knowledge can easily get confused. However, firstly you need to know the types of coffee grinders and how good they can perform relative to each other. Consequently, there are three basic types of coffee grinders you will come across.
Blade coffee grinder
This type is considered as a cheap coffee grinder. It has a blade which spins and cut the beans into small particles, the coarseness of the coffee depends on how much you grind resulting from the electric power source. Thus it is the least expensive coffee grinding method.
Pros: Very affordable option, Also be used to ground spices, nuts and other stuffs
Cons: Noisy, Generate plenty of heat during the process
Burr coffee grinder
Burr coffee grinders are further categorized into two, namely, wheel burr grinder and conical burr grinder.
Wheel burr coffee grinder is also known as burr mill coffee grinder or burr coffee mill. This type of grinding results from crushing the coffee beans with the help of a wheel. The rapid movement of the wheel is responsible for transforming the solid particles into powder form.
Pros: A very effective way to crush the beans without destroying the flavor, Results finest and even crushing
Cons: Very loud
Conical burr grinder is the second type of burr grinders. Wheel burr grinders and conical burr grinders generate more or less similar results, the only difference between both of them is the shape of grinding within each. Conical grinders have a cone-shaped ring that crushes the beans more evenly. Whereas a wheel burr grinder consists of two horizontal rings to do the same process.
Pros: The fastest and the most effective method, Extremely well to restore the flavor while crushing
Cons: Expensive, Noisy
Manual coffee grinders
This type is also known as hand crank coffee grinders. This does not require a power source like the one in automatic grinders. The user has to just crank the handlebar and rotate it as much as they want the fineness of the beans.
Pros: Very easy to handle with the electric power source, Travel friendly
Cons: Not the fastest method of grinding compared to others, The best coffee grinder for home 2024
Best Coffee Grinder Reviews 2024
1. Baratza Virtuoso conical burr coffee grinder
When talking about the best coffee grinder for home, Baratza is the one which always pops up in our mind. Certainly coffee is the great buzz for everyday life, whether you prefer an espresso, chemex, french press or cold brew, Baratza is one of the best conical burr coffee grinder ready to boost your taste buds.
If you plan to get your hands on the most durable burr grinder in order to eliminate the hassle of wearing blades of an ordinary grinder for once at all, the Baratza virtuoso automatic burr grinder is the perfect choice.
Baratza Virtuoso conical burr coffee grinder has a backlit digital timer and a ground bin, which assist the user in the dark or in low light. Its 40mm alloy steel burrs along with 40 separate settings, in 40 seconds ground the coffee in a very efficient way that results in a freshly grounded coffee irrespective of the environment or weather conditions.
Whereas the best part is, it is the small electric coffee grinder, which suits your kitchen counter or at your coffee table with minimal space. A stylish yet classical add-on to your interior with black plastic and stainless steel body, makes it easy to put this coffee maker anywhere and clean the countertop without putting any extra effort.
- Coarsest and high quality brews
- A great volunteer for uniform coffee, thanks to the digital timer
- Very durable and persistent
- Speedy performance each time
- An expensive pick
2. Breville smart grinder pro
Here comes the ever green choice and priority of baristas and coffee experts, nonetheless Breville is the one which you can put your hands on with shut eyes. The Breville is the best coffee grinder, which guarantees the superb taste, the luxury of coffee essence and the admirable coffee aroma without spending any extra notes at your town coffee shops but at your home.
The Breville conical burr grinder is an intelligent way to grind your coffee beans, putting off the hassle of the user to monitor the amount and limit of grinding. Thanks to its LCD display where you can clearly set grinding time, grinding size and number of shots each time and a precision IQ, a smart way to get the perfect boost before taking the start of the day.
This coffee grinder is an ingenious machine that dictates the user to get the best out of it even if the user is new to the process, since it has 60 grind settings which are very obvious and easy to handle, no matter what, the user will always get the perfect amount of grind for his espresso or french press.
Apart from this, you are free to get the grounded coffee exit on portafilter, coffee container, and filter basket or paper filter, whichever way you prefer.
- Do not destroy the oils
- Keep the essentials preserved to a great extent
- The perfect upgrade of the everyday coffee
- In a sesame black color-stylish exposure
- Not so good for coarse grind
3. DeLonghi Dedica conical burr grinder
Looking for the best coffee grinder for espresso? The DeLonghi America Dedica electric burr grinder has an upper hand in grinding the very right size of grains or grounded coffee, suitable for espresso, pour over, french press, drip coffee or any other variety of cup the user loves to have. This conical burr grinder facilitates up to 14 cups or dispense directly on the portafilter as per your convenience.
The best part is you have very much control over the strength of grinding with an 18 grind setting. Its digital display enables the user to set the number of cups or shots and the strength of grinding with the touchpads located above. However, it ensures the same great taste you always had fascinated at any coffee shop. The user can have its coffee like a pro in the very first experience and can have a rich fragrance along with the coffee essentials every time.
Further, if you think it will wear out like your old coffee machine with grinder, then you must give this one a try because it has commercial level stainless steel burr grinders, extremely durable and can ground coffee beans in a long haul, with which you can go as long as you want. Whereas, when it comes to the cleaning session, it is too easy to clean off the coffee oil or coffee residue with a single wipe without falling into the intricacies.
- Extremely easy automatic programs
- Impeccable efficiency
- Long lasting powerful burr
- Able to grind up to 14 cups
- Not for Turkish style
4. KitchenAid burr coffee grinder
Indeed, KitchenAid is one of the best coffee grinders for home and office. Its red empire die-cast metal design is suitable for any kitchen top and holds great admiration for the lookers or visitors. The story doesn’t end here, but when it comes to how potential this coffee grinder for home is, KitchenAid has its own standards of performance with great potential and features, which preserved the coffee oils and fresh coffee flavor for the users.
This coffee grinder holds a 7-ounce grain hopper and an airtight grind jar which results in maintaining the freshness of the grounded coffee as long as you want to keep it. On the other hand, it does have cutting burrs, but it doesn’t mean that it must cause heat due to the friction, no its not. Since these burrs turn at 450rpm, they do not affect the quality of the beans and can ground the coffee with great flavor.
In addition, KitchenAid is the best espresso grinder, a very reliable and durable conical burr for ultimate performance with 15 different burr settings. No matter which style you want to go with, espresso, chemex, coffee drip, cold brew all are produced with the marvelous taste and aroma.
- Durable and reliable coffee grinding
- Produces unnoticeable heat
- Perfect for espresso shot
- Extremely portable
- Overpriced with these features
5. OXO brew conical burr coffee grinder
When looking for the best coffee grinder, it rarely happens that you come across something less costly yet with the same great features, but if you find one then still that will be at the cost of the quality of your grounded coffee. Therefore, we suppose it’s not something an average person can do in his efforts, though if you are a coffee lover, then we bet you wouldn’t settle for less.
However, you can say thanks to OXO, the best budget coffee grinder, with an ability to extract the great coffee taste each time with durable conical burrs. It has 15 grind settings along with micro settings so that you can have that exact taste you are in love with. OXO brew conical burr coffee grinder own very durable conical burrs made of stainless steel, they are ready to reach the ultimate limit of brewing whether its home or office.
Whereas you can store a good amount of coffee beans in the hopper because it has 0.75 pounds bean capacity, with which you can grind for a number of cups at a time. This bean copper is removable as well with a lid that can be preserved for later use. It is simple to use, just set the scale anywhere (fine, medium or coarse) according to your preference and then the single start touch to turn on the grinding process.
- Too good for moka pot, drip coffee, french press or any style
- Affordable choice
- Very feasible to serve at the office
- Less noisy
- Not any
6. DeLonghi Ariete electric coffee grinder
This is the best Turkish coffee grinder of all time. DeLonghi Ariete electric burr grinder is known for its famous Turkish flavor coffee, which is often not produced with many coffee machines with grinder which you have come across so many times. This is fortunately quite eligible to get under the wing of the best coffee grinder for home use.
Although its features are pretty much the same as any electric coffee maker could offer, yet the best part is it restore all the necessary elements that should not be destroyed while grinding. Its conical burr grinders are extremely powerful that results in the finest grind of coffee beans which is required for Turkish coffee. Moreover, this home coffee grinder is so good to grind coffee beans for espresso, French press or drip coffee with 15 grinding settings.
In addition, other than its performance, it has a 13.33 ounce coffee bean hopper which is removable and lockable and can be placed anywhere else to store the beans for later use. Its 6.5 ounce ground coffee holder is also removable, which is good in terms of cleaning process and can be washable. Plus it is very compact and sleek, designed to maintain the prestigiousness of your kitchen counter or office table.
- Super fast grinding from fine to coarse
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Able to give the best start of the day
- More likely for home use
- Static noise
7. Capresso Infinity plus conical burr grinder
When it comes to an office break or wants some relaxation at work, there is nothing better than a coffee specially grounded by Capresso. The main reason to include Capresso Infinity plus into the list of the best coffee grinder is due to being the most heavy duty machine, since it is very much capable to dispense grounded coffee many times in a day, credit goes to its commercial burr grinders which is extremely durable and long-lasting.
Capresso Infinity plus conical burr grinder is built for people who prefer drip coffee, French press, Turkish, espresso or any other style any of your colleagues prefer, serves each and everyone within no time. Further, it has grinding settings, though with the slower speed in order to minimize the friction and its resulting heat so that the true flavor of coffee would not be exhaled.
Moreover, its motor does create some static but it is so tolerable compared to many of the top coffee makers with grinders available in the name of famous brands. Another plus point is its easy handling; the procedure is too easy to use as well as simple to clean off without hassle. You can even give direction to your kid to ground the coffee beans for you and serve the best brew of the day while sitting on your couch, it is this much simple to use.
- Makes the best shot for espresso, chemex or Turkish coffee
- Simple and easy to handle
- Get the best coffee taste each and every time
- Very consistent grind
- Roasted beans take time more than usual to grind
8. Braun Stainless Steel Burr Grinder
Never miss out, the Braun- the best coffee grinder for cold brew, espresso, drip coffee, French Press or any of the styles you prefer to lift yourself from the bed. Braun has indeed made a recognizable mark in kitchen appliances including this best electric coffee grinder, making life so much easier. Its 9 grind settings and 6 different moderators allow the user to get his favorite coffee taste instantly.
This burr coffee grinder can grind coffee for up to 12 cups, and seems very reasonable to be the part of your office. Don’t hesitate to impress your boss with this freshly grounded coffee at the meeting. If you ever forget to turn off this grinder after putting coffee beans into the hopper and switching it on, don’t worry the machine will itself turn off after completing the round.
Further, if you are more concerned about its look or whether it looks good on your kitchen counter or not, then take a breath because this coffee grinder has a bold exposure with an aura of an expert. Moreover, its parts are way too convenient to get cleared of coffee residue, thus minimal efforts and time is required to clean it off.
- Very easy to operate and clean it off
- Automatic turn off in case you get busy somewhere else
- Give up to 12 cups of any style of coffee
- The low rpm of the burrs maintain the great taste of coffee
- Non removable coffee hopper
9. Heihox manual coffee grinder
In terms of portability, ease of use and travel friendliness, coffee lovers prefer hand crank grinders instead of electric coffee grinders or coffee machines with built in grinders. Heihox is indeed the best hand coffee grinder which really has turned the tables and become one of the best coffee grinder with great features and strong capabilities of a conical burr mill.
The best part of these hand-crank coffee grinders is, there is no need for electric power to grind the beans, moreover, you can ask your kid to make an espresso or to rotate the liver to make coarse to fine coffee. You can even hold and crank the rotator irrespective of the place in the house, you can move anywhere instead of standing near the electric coffee grinder due to the electric socket.
Whereas, Heihox is very much capable in terms of restoring coffee essentials whilst grinding the beans for you. This manual coffee grinder is noiseless due to “no grinding motor” but with only 304 stainless steel duplex bearing, very effective for the consistent grind. Further, it does have grinding settings like any other coffee grinder but in a bit different way, i.e. the movement of the knob clockwise and anticlockwise define the consistency or thickness of the coffee.
- Easy to operate and clean it off
- Ready for camping, hiking or any outdoor activity
- No electricity or battery required
- Provide any of the coffee style
- Not for spices or nuts
10. Evelyne manual coffee grinder in vintage style
Evelyne is the best hand coffee grinder for those who are more into vintage collection, this vintage classic look is excellent to gift your loved one or for home decor. It looks so good on your kitchen counter giving the classiest exposure at the same time serve greatly as a coffee grinder. You can grind the coffee beans in this and surprise your friends who think it is just an antique piece adoring your interior.
Whereas, when it comes to its grinding potentials, it wouldn’t let you down in this matter as well. The smell and the aroma of true coffee is preserved, its value is highly maintained just the way coffee enthusiasts prefer it to be. Its vintage style windmill hand crank knob may look difficult to grind your coffee but it is extremely easy to operate.
Evelyne as the best home coffee grinder is partially made of caste iron and plastic with a wooden drawer for the dispensing of ground coffee. The grinding settings are extremely simple, all you need to do is to lift up the washer lock and turn the adjuster clockwise for finer grinding and anticlockwise for coarse grind (in between for medium grinding) as you prefer, then push down the washer lock, you are all set.
- Elegant and classy, perfect to place on display
- Consistent grind
- Offers range of coffee style, perfect for french press
- Perfectly noiseless
- The wooden drawer catch most of the coffee oil
How to choose the best coffee grinder? Buyer Guide
- Decide first whether you want a coffee grinder for home or office. Though it would be highly recommended getting the one which could assist you both at home and office, or you may need a coffee grinder for traveling.
- If you are in need of a coffee grinder for home use, then an electric coffee grinder is a better option though you are better off with it in case of office use as well. But the thing that differs here is the commercial-grade grinder which is extremely durable when more than one coffee is required or there is the frequent use of it. Since including you, your colleague may as well want some coffee, therefore make sure the grinder you are about to buy is strong enough to get the frequent punch every now or then.
- On the other hand, if you don’t want to miss the taste of your lovely coffee while camping, hiking or traveling via road, then what would be the better option than the hand grinder? Due to unavailability of electricity, manual coffee grinders serve you right (good for home use too).
- However, keep in mind; electric coffee grinders are capable of serving more cups of coffee as compared to manual coffee grinders.
- Decide the type of grinder you want to buy. There are two options, blade coffee grinder and burr coffee grinder.
- Burr grinders are considered the best one since they result in crushing the beans without losing the essentials of coffee beans which later generate the rich flavor of the coffee.
- Blade coffee grinders are less likely to provide the necessary taste which is required in the coffee since the blade cuts off the beans into pieces and the length of grinding time defines the fineness of the ground coffee. This type of grinding is now rare to find in coffee grinders because coffee experts have pulled their hands from it.
- Want your coffee to dispense on the portafilter directly or want it to be in the dispensing container. Though if you choose a coffee grinder with a dispenser container, it will allow you to store it for later use. Yet you can find more dispense options in Breville smart grinder pro, giving you the ease of use.
- When looking for the best home grinder, make sure the features you are choosing with, are easy to operate without making it too difficult in the first attempt of use. These may also include the mechanism of grinding, like whether you want the grind settings in the form of a pulse, auto or in a timer. Moreover, if choosing a coffee grinder with a digital display, make it clear that you can set ground settings easily. Apart from this, if you don’t want these technical hassles, then you ought to go with the simplest coffee grinder though it should be capable enough to give the best coffee grinding results at your disposal every time.
- Most of the people are okay with non-removable parts, but it does create some intricacies in terms of cleaning. Provided that, these coffee grinders are a little messy as well, don’t expect them to remain spotless all the time. However, since the coffee particles sometimes get stuck with the components of the unit, and cleaning them off is not an easy job, make sure if you can get the one in which you can pull out the containers and can disassemble burrs or mill where needed. It sounds perfect if your coffee grinder comes with a brush which is helpful to remove the coffee residues.
Being a coffeeholic person, if I have to go and touch the very limit of getting my hands on the best coffee grinder, I would go without any complaint. Consequently, I believe any coffee lover would do the same in order to get his/her most favorite coffee style and taste regardless of wherever you are around the globe, am I right? Most probably absolutely right.
Thus, there is a great competition occurring between the famous brands and coffee makers to reach the position of the best servers in this regard and are doing the hell out of their efforts to do so. But for you being a consumer let them fight guys (wink) its none of our business. Since we have penned down the top coffee grinders of 2024 for you, you have been laden free of the effort of picking out the best coffee grinder for your home.